Friday, July 30, 2010

A Purse For All Seasons

Wow, just realized this is my 201st post! I just knew there was a reason why I needed to buy this Queen Bee purse and coordinating wallet!

I have been looking to buy a Queen Bee design for a couple of years now, but didn't find the one that spoke to me until I was doing a little shopping in Olympia last week at Compass Rose.
Queen Bee Creations is a woman-owned handmade bag and accessories company out of Portland, Oregon. I have seen them for sale from Bellingham to San Francisco. They have been making variations of just a couple different styles of bags for years and they are simple, elegant, and I just love them. It doesn't seem as precious as some of my other purses: more down to earth and functional. I wasn't even planning on getting the wallet, but they look so good together, I really couldn't resist!

I also love that they are made in Portland. Not China, not Mexico, but Portland.

On a side note, be sure to check out Compass Rose next time you are in Olympia. I can never say enough good things about this shop. It's a sweet little shop with purses, stationery, jewelry, kitchen items, books, and many from local designers or an emphasis on being eco-friendly. I will always be thankful to them for introducing me to the great music of the Puppini Sisters. A great shop that I wish was in Tacoma!

No comments:

Post a Comment