Saturday, January 29, 2011

Slow Boat From China

Maybe nothing in the world pleases me more than when there is a knock on our door and the mailman is there with a bizarrely wrapped package from a distant country that needs signing for. (OK, I am easily pleased.) This sort of occurrence happens more often than you would think; I am in a constant quest for jewelry supplies and findings at good prices from all over the world.

One of the largest bead stores in the world is fairly close to my house--Shipwreck Beads--so why would I need to search elsewhere? First, while Shipwreck does offer discount for quantity, they mostly focus on beads. Second, while Shipwreck is gigantic, most of their stuff is run of the mill average and slightly boring. Don't get me wrong, I still shop there all the time, but I am always looking for new something to augment my run of the mill findings.

And then I realized there are people selling on ETSY that are selling supplies and I hit the proverbial jewelry finding jackpot. So today's delivery was on the slow boat from China and I am so happy it has arrived! I ordered these goodies from Halolo 4 weeks ago. (She warns it can take up to 6 weeks if you don't want to pay extra for shipping.)

I placed a fairly small order this time since I wasn't completely sure of the quality of the goods or the speed of the delivery and I am very happy with my selections. I am not even sure what I am going to do with these filigree disks, but they looked so intriguing, I had to get some.

This ball chain is some of the most delicate I have seen. I have half a mind to just make this bundle into one necklace for myself!

And these roses are my absolute favorites! I wish I had bought more of them, they are just so lovely and precious.

Also purchased were these round tipped head pins, some earring wires, and a smattering of delicate bronze chains.

I am going to hold off on any more supply purchases until I get back from Dubai as I am hoping to find some major steals there. They are so close to India, that silver items are a dime a dozen. I get giddy thinking about it. But now I need to start planning what to do with all these luscious goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment