Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Random Garden and Art and Pig

Things making me happy right now, this second:

a) My winter garden is puttering along.

My shallots are just starting to introduce themselves.

My leeks seem to be thriving, despite their beat up appearance.

Garlic, oh garlic, so many wondrous, magical things we will be doing together in a season or so!

b)My latest sketchbook drawing:

Big plans for the rest of this page.
c)My whole hog project:

Soon I am going to be embarking on a journey to cook a whole pig. Not all at once mind you, but bit by bit, learning new recipes and sharing my adventures. My friend Greg is going to be helping me on this one. I am thinking of practical things, like where are we going to store this whole animal? (albeit cut up already by the butcher) and Greg is thinking of crazy things, like how soon can we make head cheese? It will be a good match. Not sure if it will be on this blog or a separate one. More info coming soon.

What makes you happy right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment