I am heading off to Portland for 3 days. I have a list a mile long of things I want to do.
1) Pick out my dream neighborhood to live in.
2) Eat at Porqueno--I have heard so much about this little Mexican taco joint and I can't wait!
3) Go on an Epicurean walking tour. That's right. Eating, walking, drinking, more eating, it sounds exciting and I have bought my ticket. I will tell you all about it.
4) Get myself to Powell's Home and Garden Bookstore on Hawthorne. I've been to the City of Books and the Technical Store, but not any of the other Powell's. I figured it is time to branch out.
5) Visit Good Stuff, also on Hawthorne. A treasure trove of vintage/interesting junk.
6) Trip to the Alberta district.
7) Check out the latest exhibit at the Museum of Contemporary Craft.
8) Saturday Farmer's Market.
OK, that's a big list and that's just the for sures. I have an even longer list of the maybes. We are staying at the Hotel DeLuxe, one of my favorite Portland hotels. (we love their bar, the Driftwood Inn) And since we have a Museum of Glass membership here in Tacoma, we get a discount plus free valet parking. Double score!
I decided I needed a new necklace to wear in the greenness that Portland is. So I sat down and got to work.
It lays right over the collarbones. I like.