Tuesday, May 13, 2014

And Now for a Total Geek Out

 My husband and I were on our way to meet some friends at a local wine bar and found ourselves to be a bit early and so stopped into what I thought was a comic book store next door. 

It was a comic book store, but also a total geek out vintage shop full of toys, games, and other ephemera from popular science fiction and fantasy.   Each area of the shop was given to a different show or movie, like Star Trek, X-Men, or Star Wars. 

When I saw this Darth Vader, I knew I had to have it.  I had actually owned one of these when I was about 7 or 8 and foolishly sold it at a garage sale when I had moved on to other hobbies, like collecting model horses.   But what is it?
Why, it's a carrying case for all your action figures!


And my Pez dispensers fit perfectly!

I don't have many action figures anymore (the large Boba Fett in the top picture my husband just brought me from a business trip) but I have held onto these Pez dispensers.

 I really adore this Luke Skywalker! 

 We have this weird niche in our dining room that he looked a little spooky in but it's not the most visible spot.

 I moved him into our living room for now to guard the room. 
I don't like to fill my house with lots of stuff, but once in a while, nostalgia kicks in, and then I give in. 

If you need your own nostalgia fix, check out Tricky's Pop Culture Emporium.

No comments:

Post a Comment