Monday, June 22, 2009

Living Room Re-do


Can you tell the difference between dark orange and light orange? The first photo is how I painted our living room 5 and a half years ago: Benjamin Moore Pumpkin Cream with black trim.

We still loved orange, but 5 years on it was looking a little shabby, and I was over the black trim.


So I switched to Miller Cheddar Cheese for the walls and DeVine Vanilla in eggshell for the ceiling and glossy for all of the trim. I had to do a primer on the trim plus a couple coats of the glossy. I also finally took the time to replace all of the missing quarter round at the base of the trim.


It took about 10 ten days to complete the look. I am very happy with the results. The white trim tones down the orange and keeps it bright and cheerful. I also painted a cheap Ikea side table in the same fuchsia color that I just painted our front door. (Which also matches the curtains.) I am about to start an online stenciling class this week and plan to stencil on the table when I have acquired new skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment