Monday, June 22, 2009

Tweets Art Installation and Opening

My friend Barbara Dunshee and I had a show at Gallery 301 in Tacoma in December, but unfortunately were snowed out. Last week we had a chance at a little re-do; only I created all new pieces for the show. I was vary happy with the last minute, short-notice turnout. I sold the Big Tweet (shown below) along with 3 of the smaller tweets.



I've decided I am going to continue to work in this direction with wire and found objects. It is fun to create and guests at the opening were interested in exploring the piece close up. Even my husband said, "Wow, that looks sell-able!"




I had a lot of fun making these little tweets as well. Of course, I ran out of time and was unable to complete the hundreds that I had in mind!






I thought this photo was fun because it really shows off two of Barbara's ceramic faces. (Barbara is on the right.)


Me thanking Barbara for showing with me.


My lovely Friend Julia surprised the hell out of me by showing up since it was the middle of the week and she lives over 4 hours away in Walla Walla!


Me with the Big Tweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment