Wednesday, June 16, 2010

36 Things: Paint a VERY LARGE Canvas


Done! It's titled "Raven Steals the Sun" and it is 4 feet by 5 feet. I had to borrow my dad's van to deliver it to Madera Architectural Elements today in preparation for my show tomorrow.

This was one of my more personally challenging items on my list of 36 Things To Do Before I Turn 37. It's hard to get started on any painting sometimes, let alone a large painting. I am glad I did it, but honestly, I really don't think many people have that much space to hang a painting this large in their house. The commission I did last month that was 3 feet by 4 feet was of a much more human scale.

I also have no room to show such a large painting in our house. Every room is full of either doorways or windows! (I hope it sells or the poor thing will have to go into storage. Maybe I can "loan" it out.") Hope to see you at the opening tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. He's fab! Do hope he finds a great home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think he's a lttle too big for most people's houses, but oh well. I had fun making it!

    ReplyDelete