Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Nearly There

A lot of work other than just making art goes into putting on an art show. You have to invite people, you have to make the work, you have to price and make tags for all the work, you have to figure out food and beverages, and you have to make sure all your display material is in good shape.

The above photo is before I painted all these pedestals this morning. It is hard to see, but they are pretty dirty and beat up. Below is the after. A little bit of work but, oh, so important! I will be installing my pieces for the show tomorrow. I still have a few things I want to finish so I need to head back out into the studio ASAP! I worked about 10 hours yesterday and finally had to stop because my hands were hurting so much. Twisting and bending and cutting metal beats up your hands.


A little sneak peek at my big peacock sculpture.
I have started making these flowers for both my sculptures and as jewelry.

I am liking how they are turning out. It's nice to have a show coming up but let me tell you, I am looking forward to watching some world cup and hanging out in the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment