Wednesday, June 16, 2010

One More Sneak Peek Before Lift-off!


I've got 14 bird sculptures and one painting showing tomorrow. The peacock has by far taken longer than anything else to create. The entire piece is covered with deconstructed tin, most of it in the shape of flowers. I had to hand cut, file, sand, rivet, and tie on each one individually. If you want to see his long, colorful tail, you'll just have to come down to the show tomorrow!

I am especially fond of my little "Clockwerks" piece as well.
I am extremely happy that my show is opening, but I will be happy to get back into the kitchen and out in the garden this weekend. I think we've had take away every night this last week since my husband doesn't cook and I have been too busy in the studio!

1 comment:

  1. I love your peacock and flower necklaces!
    Good luck on your show!!!

    ReplyDelete