Monday, July 4, 2011

Dancing with an Elephant



UPDATE: George is now available to purchase on ETSY.  

It's funny how sometimes I make a piece of jewelry or art or a painting and then forever associate it with whatever music I was listening to when creating it. 

Or, for example, when I made this elephant last night I was watching a movie. 

I think he came out so funky and cute because I was watching Strictly Ballroom

If you have never seen this 1992 film by Baz Luhrmann, you must get yourself to a video store or to Netflix, or whatever you do, and watch it immediately.  It makes me really, really happy.  Especially the last 20 minutes.

I think I spent more time watching the film than working on the elephant.  

I really like this little guy.  I am thinking of naming him George.

No comments:

Post a Comment