Monday, November 7, 2011

A Week of Firsts

Every time I do some boring household chore around the house this week, I keep thinking, "This is the first time I have done this at the new house."  It's a little silly, I know, but I can't help it.  I think it because we love the house so much that we keep talking about how we live in it.  I never did this with my first house.  Is that what people go through with their kids?

So I have stopped to notice the little things.  First time making a fire in the fireplace.  First time cooking supper.  First time changing a roll of toilet paper.  First time using the compost bin.   (I'll spare from having to see a photo of changing the toilet paper!)

We had to have some serious debate about the compost bin.  What's to debate about a compost bin, right?  Well, the former owners left the bin way way down in the back corner of the lot, a serious walk from the kitchen: more like a hike, really.  We knew we needed to move it or our kitchen scraps would migrate into the garbage can.

We finally found a spot in the front yard that we thought wasn't too obvious.  But then as I was bringing in the mail, I saw that the bin is totally framed by our front entrance arch!  

I am thinking nobody but me will probably notice it there so this just may have to be a situation when form follows function!

No comments:

Post a Comment