Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wet Felting: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

This is my favorite Minion so far. I called him "Black Hearted Minion." (OK, not very creative, what can I say?) The heart I made in the wet felting stage and had to tweak just a tiny bit of it with needle felting when I was finishing him up.

On a less successful note, I have been trying to make flowers. I keep seeing these lovely wet felted multi-petal Dahlia brooches everywhere but am having a hard time recreating them. These to me look a little sad. But hopefully practice will make perfect!

I am a little happier with these flowers I felted onto a long strip of silk. These I learned how to create from a tutorial I purchased on ETSY. I wore them wrapped around my neck as a necklace and was very happy with the look. (Though a friend generously pointed out to me I will never make enough money to cover my time. Geez, thanks for the input!)
More flower experimenting to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment