Thursday, March 3, 2011

Am I Crazy or Just Super Motivated?


Well, I did it. I procrastinated long enough and have finally signed up for the Tacoma City half-marathon. Not the full marathon. ( I don't think I ever want to run a full marathon.)

I consider this the second hardest thing on my 37 Things I Want to do Before I Turn 38 list. The hardest, or rather most expensive, was getting off the continent. Running a half marathon was on my previous list too. But then I injured my ankle. So here goes try #2.

Funny thing is, I had a great one and a half hour workout this morning. Did a little bit of everything; elliptical, running, lunges, medicine ball, free weights. Felt fantastic.

Then as I was just getting up to get my credit card to pay for the half-marathon, my back seized up! Coincidence or psychosomatic? You decide! I am going to go lay on the floor and see if it loosens up; ouch!

3 comments:

  1. Ice! I know it's torture but that's what all my docs and massage therapists tell me for musle spasms.

    I think you are a mixture of crazy and supermotivated. Who does anything for 13 miles other than drive!?! If you are anything like me back is psychosomatic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the spelling correction, I confused made up pain with made up words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Jennevieve! Paul and I signed up for the 5K walk.

    ReplyDelete