Well, another birthday has gone by and I woke up this morning and discovered I was 37 now and needed a new yearly list.
I discovered two major flaws with my last list. First, many of the items required large amounts of money--classes and trips don't come cheap! Second, I picked some things that I really didn't have much interest in doing. I thought I might have interest in doing them (build a birdhouse, take a yoga class) and it turns out, gee, I really don't have an interest in them!
My new list has a few old things still on it: A few are in progress (designing a tattoo, planning a trip overseas, finishing novel) but are not quite there yet. And throw a dinner party for 20 was so fun, I want to do it again! And running the half marathon is still there because I am still healing my injured ankle!
Remember, I got this idea from Michelle My Belle and she got the idea from Hula Seventy.
And here I go!
37 Things I Want to do Before I Turn 38
2. Get another tattoo. (On hold since we are buying a new house and need to save money.)
7. Create/install a piece of guerilla art. (Idea in the works.)
8. Make a stop-motion animated short. (Still working on this.)
9. Etch metal.
10. Take a glass blowing class.
11. Tour a chocolate or candy factory.
12. Write a Nano novel in November OR finish my other novel OR both!
13. Make a large felted sculpture. (I don't know why I didn't count my big felted Bonsai tree on this one; maybe I was thinking I would do something bigger? Ha!)
15. Donate a piece of art to an auction. (I forgot I actually already did this for the Emergency Food Network Auction at the end of last year!)
16. Visit Vashon Island.
19. Redo the front yard.
21. Read my entire NIKON manual. (Unable to as it turned out it was in Spanish!)
22. Finish quilt.
23. Cast in resin.
24. Redecorate bedroom. (Saving it for the new house!)
25. Make concrete stepping stones.
27. Find 6 new stores to sell jewelry/sculpture in.
29. Take ballroom dancing lessons.
34. Sew a skirt/dress.
36. Volunteer 24 times at the Grand Cinema and see 24 movies. (I saw 23 movies and volunteered 32 times. Posting on this soon.)