Monday, October 18, 2010

Getting Ready for Art at Work Month

November is Art at Work month here in Tacoma, which means, it is time for the open studio tours! I just looked at the calender and went "ack!" because the open studios are less than 3 weeks away.

Is my studio clean from my big mosaic project? uh, no.

Is the garden looking nice and pretty and manicured since people will be walking through it? uh, no.

Do I have plenty of product on hand to sell? uh, no.

But I have started. I just posted some new items on ETSY (including that Animal Crackers Tiger necklace above) and I am busy making more.

I just went to the Goodwill on Friday and found some fabulous tins. I have a huge backstock of tins, but a lot of them are Christmas-y types of tins and not the best colors.

I love this Versace perfume tin. Orange tins are hard to find. And this one is a double score since there is a turtle on each end of the tin. That will make a fabulous pendant. Good thing there are two since I will probably have to keep one for myself!

I am a horse girl and I know there are other horse girls out there so I couldn't hold back when I saw these beauties.
I just finished this Blue Crow Scavenger as well. Lots of tin and bottle caps and buttons on this fellow.
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment