Saturday, October 16, 2010

My First Attempt at a Fascinator

Here is my first fascinator. It was a little bit of a cheat since I bought the black feathered hair clip for the base. Then I cut out a felt circle for the base and did some delicate stitching on the edge which, unfortunately, can't really be seen, and then added a little green twirl of felt at the bottom and made a bird which I sewed on top.

It's not very fancy and I sort of want to add something else to it (tin perhaps?) but I have to start getting ready for the event in a couple hours and I still haven't chosen what to wear! My friend Jenn who just finished beauty school is coming over to do my hair; I hope she can make the fascinator work!

I'll be sure to get a photo of it when I am all dressed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment