Saturday, October 9, 2010

Absolute Half and Half Brownies

I am a brownie connoisseur. I probably average two to three batches per month. I am always, always looking for a new twist or a new recipe.

I have finally created my brownie perfection. And because I am so nice, I am going to share it will you because you will want to make them too! (You'll understand why I call them half and half once you read the recipe.)

Jennevieve's Absolute Half and Half Brownies

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar (half white/half brown sugar)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup cocoa (half dutch/half regular)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee
heaping 1/3 cup chips (half semi-sweet/half peanut butter chips--You can buy them mixed!)

Preheat oven to 350.

Butter and flour an 8 inch square pan.

Melt butter in heavy pan. OR in a double boiler. If you are a careful person, you can just melt it in a pan. If you are a multi-tasker like myself, you may walk away and end up with burnt butter.

Remove from heat and stir in sugars, eggs, and vanilla.

Beat in cocoa, flour, salt, baking powder, and instant coffee.

Spread into prepared pan. Scatter chips over top of batter. Do not mix in!

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, checking after 20 minutes.


The hardest part is waiting for it to cool a little before cutting or those melted chips will make a mess. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment