Saturday, April 30, 2011

Freedom with Felt

I love working with felt because it allows me to do anything I want. If I can think of a shape or a critter, nothing is stopping me from making it except myself. I am still playing with fairly basic shapes and designs as I want to learn the process completely before frustrating myself with a gigantic projects. I have made a few scarves now and they seem so-so, but I especially love my pillow minions and my needle felted tweets.

Don't they look like they are having a conversation? All of these tweets and the owl pillows are being delivered to Tasty Gallery in Seattle next week.
I am actually starting a big project this week, a bonsai tree. I bought a ceramic pot that is use for growing bonsais and I am making a heavy base to fit inside the pot and then using wire to create the tree and then covering it with needle felting and wet felted leaves. I am still trying to figure out the best way to weight the base; I don't want the tree to tip out of the pot. I may need to glue it in place as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment