Monday, April 11, 2011

Next week on Cake Wrecks

My philosophy in life tends to be try as hard as you can and if sometimes it doesn't work out, so be it. Easier words to say than live by.

I am usually pretty smug about my baking skills but then I try something simple and old hat like a Pineapple Upside Down cake and ruin the whole thing.

Twice.

That's right. I screwed the first one up and I made a second one and screwed that one up too. The upside down part stuck to the pan. I have made this recipe plenty of times before and usually it comes out pretty and caramelized and everyone is impressed.

These photos are from the first cake. I threw it all away. The second one came out of the pan okay but it wasn't caramelized at all and was rather gooey. We kept that one to eat at home but I refused to take it to the party we were going to. Instead, I went to Met Market and bought Tiramisu.
Maybe this is just a sign that we have been eating too much cake in this house and it is time to cool it!

No comments:

Post a Comment