Monday, April 18, 2011

Productive and Sunny Weekend

Wow, it was actually sunny this weekend for the first time since I think at least last fall. Maybe I exaggerate a bit, but barely. This has been one of the wettest springs on record for a while! The kitties can barely stand the sun; they were staggering around on the porch with their eyes at a squint.

We took that little bit of sun and ran with it by filling our new vegetable beds with new Tagro potting soil and mowing the lawn. I still need to figure out how exactly I want the fence around it. And it turns out the fig tree that I thought may or may not be dead is actually alive and forming new buds. Now if it would only form a fruit or two this year, then I would be really happy.

And to top off a nice sunny weekend, this is my second week of getting the New York Times Sunday delivery. I was reading too much online to go much further without paying for the digital package and the paper itself on Sundays with all access digital is only $7 a week so I had to sign up. So far I can only think, why on earth did I wait so long to do this?
Sunday mornings in bed with coffee and the kitties and the paper is pretty much heaven. Until I had to get up to run 6 miles and then I didn't feel so warm and fuzzy anymore. Our half marathon is in just under 2 weeks now and this was the last long run until the race. The run was fine except for some soreness in my calf but I have been resting it and iced it and I think it will be just fine. I was actually feeling pretty good with my 6 miles until we ran into a friend tonight that is preparing for the full marathon and just ran 20 miles yesterday. Sniff, sniff. Oh well, it's all small steps to get to where you need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment