Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Making of a Felt Bonsai Tree: Completed


Here is my finished needle felted Bonsai tree. It measures 15.25" tall by 19" wide and 6.25"deep. It was all create with needle felting over a wire armature.


I wanted to overload it with rocks and mushrooms but in the end realized that less is more.
I am very happy how it turned out. It will be showing up in a gallery show this summer and I will give more details as we get closer to the date.
I had a lot of fun working on this and plan to create a series of Bonsai trees and other potted plants.

5 comments:

  1. Jennevieve, That turned out really beautiful! I love it. I'm inspired. It is much more fun than my "Schwetty Balls" I gave out at ArtFest last year! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it was your "Schwetty Balls" that inspired me to do felting! And now I am applying for a certificate in Fiber Arts--all because of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Great work. What a way to have a permanent Bonsia as I sure can't grow a real one.XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Спасибо огромное Вы меня вдохновили на это творческое чудо!!!! Буду ждать от Вас новых творений

    ReplyDelete