Friday, May 13, 2011

What I Ate: Chocolate Bundt Cake with Bittersweet Glaze

My aunt and uncle are in town and so I made a chocolate cake yesterday. It's ridiculous, really, how expensive fancy ingredients like gourmet chocolate and Amarena cherries can be. But I splurged anyways and the results were delicious. Amarena cherries are special dark and sour cherries from Italy that come packed in a yummy syrup. They are fantastic when used in cocktails like Manhattans.

I love bundt cakes. Somehow that cake shape makes any dessert look extra elegant even though it would have been the same exact work to butter and flour a round cake pan.
The cake itself was just a basic chocolate batter made with cocoa and sour cream. I saved the fancy chocolate for the glaze which you can tell I made a little too thick; it tasted like fudge.

I just ate a piece for breakfast and it just as good the morning after! But now I have to go to the gym to make up for it.

2 comments:

  1. This cake looks really rich & yummy. I like bundt cakes, too. I just bought a new bundt pan after using the same one for 20 years--and it was second-hand! Say hi to Aunt Julie & Uncle Ervin. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband just ate a piece of that chocolate cake!

    ReplyDelete