Thursday, June 30, 2011

New Tin Notebook

I am always racking my brain, trying to come up with new ideas to use reclaimed tin.  On my list of things to try is a bound journal.  But I decided to play a little with simple notebooks first. 

 Using some binder rings and a hole punch, I was able to piece together a little pocket notebook.   My three hole punch it turns out is not adjustable so I had to punch them all by hand.  Ouch!  Thinking I need to invest in a proper punch if I want to make more of these.

I made the ring punches a little too low and the metal covers knock into each other a bit when you open it.

Oh well, this is why we make prototypes, right?   
My niece and nephews are coming to visit from Dubai and I thought it would be fun to make them little notepads to carry around with them.  Now I need to go through my tin and find some cool designs.

1 comment: